Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

May the odds be EVER in your favor!

HI HUNGER GAMES IS TONIGHT AND I'M SO EXCITED I THINK I'M GONNA DIE.



...okay. I'm a huge Hunger Games fangirl and I've read the books probably 5 or 6 times through and I'm sooooo excited to see the movie tonight. Anyway, here's my sad story about this mani: I can't do nail art. Like.. at all. so instead, I layer, and franken, and layer some more, and sometimes do some different techniques. I was going to do a layering mani for the movie [surprise, surprise haha], so I tried out 1 coat Sally Hansen Red Carpet [a CG Ruby Pumps dupe], with 1 coat of Milani Red Sparkle [new version], and 1 coat of NYX Gilded Glitter and it was really pretty, but screamed RED a little too much. So I decided to go with a little something different for me.

Here's 1 coat of China Glaze's Smoke and Ashes [from the HG Collection], and then a reverse gradient with NYX Gilded Giltter, Milani Red Sparkle, and 1 more time through with GG.





I actually really like this a lot. It reminds me of a fire and ashes flickering into the night sky. I'll be doing my housemate's nails for the movie, too:] So maybe I'll show you those soon!

What do you think of my Hunger Games nails? There are some AMAZING nail art manis out there to check out, wayyyy better than mine haha.

Also, guys, I've been reading your entries for my giveaway, and seriously, your custom franken ideas are AMAZING!! Love them so much!! A tiny few aren't do-able for me, but the rest seem so pretty and inspired and wonderful:] I'm thinking about doing a second place just so I can see more of your beautiful franken ideas come to life! Just thought you should all know haha.

15 comments:

  1. It's strange but it's cool anyway!! I love this type of polish *-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great!! :D So unique and mysterious! :D

    OOOH OOH you should have a second place and let me win it!! :D XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I am soooo excited for Hunger Games tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! Have fun watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A second place? Sounds like a fabulous idea to me! I think you're very creative. I'm sure all the entries would be delighted to receive one of your frankens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I LOVE YOUR HG MANI!!!
    It looks like live fire. Warm but mysterious.
    I must try it too sometimes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHH I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE MOVIE TOO! Not seeing it tonight though. :( But soon! Great mani! It's like embers floating into the night sky.

    ReplyDelete