Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday + 200th Post :D

It's my favorite day of the blogging week again:] Twinsie Tuesday! Also, this is my 200th post AND I just hit 500 follower recently, so I'm cooking up a little something.. heehee.

Okay, that's off topic. The Twinsie Tuesday challenge for today was to post a polish that's the same color as your room. First off, I'm grateful that this happened in the summer haha. My room at home is definitely easier to match in a polish than my room at school [which is a seemingly simple dark green, but I've been looking for a polish that exact color for ages and I've got nothing]. My walls at home are actually 2 shades of yellow, there's these slanty parts to the ceiling [which is white] that are lighter yellow than the rest of the walls. I think it's supposed to make the room seem higher or something? Don't quote me on that one..

Secondly, I'd like to thank my bestie for encouraging me to buy this color specifically for this challenge:] Thanks, Em!<3 She's my biggest enabler. So here's Finger Paints' Lemon Sour:


Pretty close right??

This is the lighter section of the wall for comparison:]



2 coats here! Which is really good for a yellow, in my experience. Also, it was super super cheap on sale at Sally's, so definitely a good decision on this one. It was a tiny bit streaky, so I'll probably do 3 coats next time, but 2 careful coats look just as good:]


Take a look at my Twinsie's posts today!

Amanda at Amandalandish
Anna at Going to the Showing
Anne at Grape Fizz Nails
Ashley at Art Evolve
Brandi at The Collegiate Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi
Cordia at Srsly Swatched
Jenn at All That is Gorgeous...
Jenna at I'm Still Thinking...
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Nory at Fierce Makeup and Nails
Rachel at Top Coat It
Tara at Polishy of Truth

30 comments:

  1. Yellow is an awesome room color!! I love this yellow on you too. Congrats on 200 posts and 500+ followers ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) LOVE the nails!
    2) LOVE the walls
    3) YAY CONGRATS!
    4) You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! This my fave color! Congrats on your 200th post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your blog :), the colour is gorgeous, I don't usually go for yellows but this looks amazing on :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 200!!! And perfect match with the nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color! Congrats on 200th post and 500 followers! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Congratulations! This is a very pretty yellow color. I love Yellow as a bedroom color it seems to brighten everything up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for 200 posts and 500 followers! And holy moly, it looks like you got an exact match on your nails! Yay for yellow bedrooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!!! That yellow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 200 posts! That's awesome. I really like this yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on 200 posts and 500 followers! Your polish matches your room exactly!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on 200 posts, Sarah! And looks like you have an exact match to your room! Yellow looks cute on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY congratulations!!!! :D Your nails are awesome! :D That is such a cheerful colour for a room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for your 200th post and your 500+ followers! Woot woot! :D
    I love this color!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 200th post! I'm loving all of the yellow rooms. This polish is great too ;)

    ReplyDelete