Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Aphrodite Lacquers Review!

Hey ladies! I have a really fun review for you today, I'm really excited to share it. Aphrodite Lacquers has some really amazing polishes and I was lucky enough to receive some minis for review, so I went on a swatchfest last night! The first three are from the Outta This World collection, and the second three are from the Romance Novel collection. Let's get started! [Descriptions in quotations are taken from the Aphrodite Lacquers Etsy listings]


"Blackhole: black jelly polish with 3 different size black hex glitter."
Index: 2 coats
Middle: 3 coats
Ring: 1 coat over grey
Pinky: 1 coat over white

Index: 2 coats
Middle: 3 coats
Ring: 2 coats over grey
Pinky: 2 coats over white



"Asteroid: black polish (jellyish), with huge white glitter, small silver glitter, and silver shimmer."
Index: 3 coats
Middle: 1 coat over black
Ring: 1 coat over white


"Interstellar: black polish (jellyish) with huge purple glitter, small dark purple glitter, and small lavender glitter."
Index: 3 coats
Middle: 1 coat over black
Ring: 1 coat over white


Notes on Outta This World: the three polishes I got from this collection all applied pretty well, had a good consistency and covered really well in 3 coats. However, there was a lot of streakiness in the black pigment used, which made it hard to use over light colors. I'm going to try them over a dark-ish red or something soon, I think that would be a nice effect. Also, it was a little hard to get the larger glitter out of the bottles, but I think that's in part due to the fact that these are mini bottles.




 Secret:"Hot pink jelly base, packed full of dark pink micro glitter, and white glitter"
Index: 2 coats
Middle: 1 coat over Wet n Wild Fuchsia-Rama

Smoulder: "Dark red jelly base, packed full of bright red micro glitter, and white glitter"
Index: 2 coats
Middle: 1 coat over OPI Smitten with Mittens


Enchant: "Aqua jelly base, packed full of green micro glitter, and white glitter"
Index: 2 coats
Middle: 1 coat over Cult Nails Toxic Seaweed


Notes on the Romance Novel collection: These 3 are definitely my favorites of the group. The colors are vibrant, the small glitter is so pretty, and I love the mix of the medium white glitter with the jelly bases. These had no problem at all with the pigments. And I was surprised at how opaque they were! Especially Secret, that was a surprise stand out for me. Enchant was definitely full coverage IRL, as well. I'm a huge fan of this collection, it definitely makes me want the other polishes in it. Secret is definitely going with me to camp, also. I'm pretty enamored by it, which is weird for me. Pinks are generally not my thing, but there's something about it!


What do you all think of these polishes? Aphrodite Lacquers has a new collection coming out next week, as well. I can't wait to see it!! Also, the customer service at AL is really great. She's such a sweetheart to work with as a reviewer, but also as a buyer.

*Disclaimer: these polishes were provided to me in return for an honest and fair review. All opinions are my own*

6 comments:

  1. All are so pretty! Yea, that pink looks good on you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Secret and Enchant! They're all gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want Enchant! And Secret looks fab on you, I can see why you love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Secret and Smoulder look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete