Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Color of the Year

Ever since Pantone , announced their Color of the Year, Tangerine Tango, I've been hoarding orange things. Polishes, shoes, blazers.. I'm in love with it. Also, I'm basically the dream consumer, advertising really gets to me, so it's no wonder I'm loving orange haha. I have 2 oranges to show you today, a mainstream polish and an indie:] First up to bat is Essie's Orange, It's Obvious!


So first of all: I hate the name. However, this polish is really really gorgeous, so I'm willing to overlook the awkwardly long and dumb name;] The formula was amazing, almost a one coater but I put 2 coats on to smooth everything out. And it was really self leveling, too. Plus, the color looks great on my skin [not to toot my own horn or anything], AND I wore it for over 3 days. For a creme to hold my attention so long is a feat! Plus, I got no chipping and barely any tipwear!

Now, Alta Costura Vernis' Drama:




I believe this was 2 coats, but I've worn it out with 3 when I just wanted more glitter! Haha. The hearts in this are my absolute favorite part, I love it. And the orange jelly base is squishy and perfect and shiny. I had to search a little for the hearts, but nothing too bad. Plus, the maker of these is such a sweetie. And I have a LOT of ACV polishes, and I really love them all. You'll be seeing them a lot, hopefully in the next month:] 

32 comments:

  1. I am like you, a dream consumer! I have never liked orange but this year I cannot get enough of it!!! :)

    I love the Essie and you are right, it looks AMAZING on you! I have yet to try Alta Costura yet, I keep missing the sales! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACV polishes are really incredible. and thank you! I'm really falling HARD for orange

      Delete
  2. i wonder where you got that gorgeous essie? (: it looks great on you btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have like no orange polishes in my stash, but that should change! The Essie looks great on you! The glitter is super pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! the essie is an amazing orange to dive in with:]

      Delete
  4. FUN FUN FUN! You are right, that Essie works with your skin tone and that's hard to find in an orange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love both looks, the orange is perfect for the summer :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this polish and it looks amazing on you! Love the layering too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my WOW. I try so hard not to lemming after indie polishes, but that AVC Drama is just too fantastic! It must be mine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grr, ACV, not AVC! If I'm gonna put it on my Wish List, I need to get it right... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I've never seen an orange+jelly+glitter indie polish before. Very nice!
    I think I would layer it over the Essie for a stronger base and also to preserve Drama.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is Pantone? I know probably a silly question, but you know how I am, lol. This combo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't really know lol! Just that they pick the color of the year every year and sales of things in that color explode... Case in point: every piece of clothing I've bought recently;]

      Delete
  11. Orange is such an awesome color! I love these two polishes! They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been snagging up orange items too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, I'm buying them like there will never exist orange products again

      Delete
  13. That Essie is remarkably gorgeous on you. Never ever take it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I've worn it 3 times this summer. Unheard of!

      Delete