Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Share the Love: Day 4, Guest post from Amanda of Amandalandish



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!




First of all, thank you to the lovely Sarah for hosting me for the holidays :)

And thanks to all you lovely followers for reading.






Day 4 of my 5 Days of Greys brings me to Fright Night Claw Polish in Phantom.




Given the cutesy coffin shaped bottle, I anticipated these polishes would be mostly kitsch and not well made.  After reading numerous posts that raved about these, I couldn't help myself when I saw them at CVS a day or two before Halloween.  I bought the lot for my last giveaway, but I had to keep this beauty for myself :)




Phantom is really one of the most beautiful shades of grey polish I have ever laid eyes on.  A medium to dark grey, it leans a bit more blue than green (for reference, I'd say China Glaze Recycle leans green).  The application was lovely in two coats, although I have to admit getting used to the thicker, short handle cum coffin head was a little tricky.  I had to be a bit more dexterous with the tips of my fingers to apply this nicely.










I know I love a polish when I can't stop looking at my hands and Phantom kept me staring.  What I like most about this grey is that there is blue and purple micro shimmer (glass fleck?) dispersed throughout.  You can't really see it in normal light, but up close it's really lovely (see my last picture).  That's probably what makes this grey pull blue and what I'm particularly drawn to. 




Thank you, Sarah, for giving me a little blog space to swoon over this amazing grey :)




Hoping everyone has a happy and a healthy Thanksgiving!




Follow me back to Amandalandish for the last day of my greys!

No comments:

Post a Comment