Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Blue Valentine: Picture Heavy!

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody! I'm always a little sad on V-Day, since I can't be with the boy, but it's okay! Today, I have my alternate boyfriend...

RYAN GOSLING! <3 

Yes, that's a cutout of Ryan Gosling's face on a Popsicle stick. I made it for one of my housemates last week, and he's been popping up all over our house for the past few days. I decided to steal him away today for your viewing pleasure:]


In polish news, I wore a franken of mine that I named Blue Valentine [this post is all coming together now!] for the first half of Valentine's day. I'll show you my second mani tomorrow:] But anyway. Here's way too many pictures of Blue Valentine [at 3 coats, for the most part]





2 coats here

2 coats here

2 coats here

Bottle shot!



2 coats here


Get through that?! Sorry about that, I just couldn't narrow it down [plus I got a little lazy..oops!]. The dark blue base really goes well with the color shifting shimmer in this, especially the coppery bits. Then that green comes out and it's like a whole new polish! I'm torn about this one. I want to put it up on the Etsy shop, because I feel like I never wear my frankens more than once [I'm weird about them] and I want someone else to love it, but I really really like it! And I'm not sure if I can make another one of these [the color shifting pigment thingies are expensive!] Advice?:] and what are your plans tonight?? I'm making myself brownies!

18 comments:

  1. Ryan Gosling is my pretend celebrity boyfriend! LOOOOOOVEhim. Blue Valentine is GORGEOUSS. Love the name of course! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we may have to fight over him;] I'm in love with him haha

      Delete
  2. I love Ryan Gosling! I haven't seen his movie Blue Valentine yet, but I love seeing your franken. It's really pretty. I'm actually making heart shaped cookies and watching some movies tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too!! and thanks so much:]
      mmmm, cookies. now I'm hungry!

      Delete
  3. AHAHAH I love that photo!! XD GORGEOUS polish. Absolutely lovely! :D And as for tonight, I will probably spend part of it tidying my room and figuring out how to store my polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Ryan Gosling, but hated that movie. Your polish is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favorite movie of his is still The Believer, he was just SO good in it! and thank you!

      Delete
  5. will you kill me if i tell you i think he is NOT cute at all , what so ever? LOL BUT!!! your franken is so pretty!!! i <3 it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, it's okay, less competition;] and thank you so much!! <3

      Delete
  6. You make a cute couple! haha I love Ryan Gosling, have you seen the 'hey girl' pics of him on pinterest? love them! And that is a beeeautiful glittery blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh, I love those pictures! and thanks, but don't tell my boyfriend;] hahaha

      Delete
  7. I first read "for your viewing pleasure" as "for your INTERviewing pleasure." I was simultaneously intrigued, and concerned for your well-being. :P Happy Valentine's Day, and great franken!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Ryan Gosling! :D Love your mani too!! Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day and enjoyed your brownies!

    ReplyDelete